Follow Me on NetworkedBlogs http://adf.ly/M8Oe

Google Search

24 January 2011

The Real ' Orang Utan' of Sarawak - Part One

It is been a while since i last sharing stories and knowledge particularly on the great mammals of Borneo. But before we continue to the interesting part, allow me to tell you how i became what i called The Real 'Orang Utan' of Sarawak. Here once again i will take one step further to share with you what are behind the scenes and how pleased i am to one of the field researcher in an amazing Borneo Tropical Rainforest. It took me almost a year to finish writing this up and like I'd mentioned before, satisfaction plus determination is what keeping me motivated. Hope you enjoy reading this.

It began in late 2004, a quiet and shy man from a small division called Betong was called for an interview by personnel from Grand Perfect Sdn Bhd to fill in of what i called the most interesting and cool job on planet Earth, Conservation Officer. Before the interview, i never know what in the world was 'conservation'. During the most intense interview of my life and yet also my first interview ever, of course i have to keep my nervous away and try to focus and get ready of what will come across. I know i will be bombarded by anonymous questions and tricky problems. But who care, right? All i need to do is get this interview thing, done as fast as possible. The last few words my father told me were "Good Luck". Thanks dad, i really need it. At least for that moment. Black slack pants and blue formal dress without necktie, holding a folder of certificates slowly climbing up stairs one by one. God knows how my heart beats that time. With only a small pea of bravery and hope i opened the door and my life changed.

To Be Continued in The Real 'Orang Utan' of Sarawak - Part Two

6 comments:

Bornean Rose said...

The real story of orang utan ah... he he he.. i thought it will be the real story of the Mountain Dayak... :-)

Mountain Dayak said...

We'll see. so don't forget to keep in touch. LoL

Bornean Rose said...

sure pal... just link our blog.. will blogwalking to yr blog if got free time ma...

Mountain Dayak said...

oh ya. need help on advertising? how owh?

Bornean Rose said...

hmmm.. me also not good.. but u can add adsense tp macam dah ko add pun ku nangga.. or else u sign up at nuffnang then add the adverts of nuffnang in yr blog...

Mountain Dayak said...

it's ok. money second matter. yang penting apa aku post. keep in touch. more to come. LoL